Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Venomancer - Venomech

Minus50DKP
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Minus50DKP polycounter lvl 8
venomh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hi guys here's some very WIP stuff i'm working on.

backpack (weapon) is only just started just getting the shapes i want but the head slot im pretty happy with.

Replies

• DashXero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    People are probably gonna give you some shit about this, but I think it's kinda cool.
  • RossC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RossC polycounter lvl 9
    As much as I want to be like "No man, this doesn't fit at all", the model and execution is so well done that I really do love it. Good work man.
  • SpaceCentipede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpaceCentipede polycounter lvl 4
    I think gas mask and launchers are not a good idea. This will work with team fortress but not with Dota2 cause its out of venomanser stylistic, also out of fantasy style. But want to say that idea is pretty interesting. Just red rules again and find out can you use such elements.
  • Asteroid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You could try to give the cannons an organic looke, for example:

usersubmitted-679148.jpg

img_4919.jpg

And maybe the gas mask could have a "fly" style, you know:
    265092_1_M-1-.jpg

It still has the feeling of your concept, but more organic, thus more appropiate for the game.

And I agree with RossC.
  • Minus50DKP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minus50DKP polycounter lvl 8
    venom2s.jpg

Hi Guys
    thanks for the feedback :)
    Still WIP heres an update- hope you like it!!
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    You should probably know that Venomancer's stingers extend when he spits so I think you'll either need to make those cannons much longer or make them extendible.

I agree with Asteroid though, you should try to make them a bit more organic, the kind of technology you're creating is pretty far out of the realm of possibility in Dota 2.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Love the idea.

That said, I would have to agree your doing some really nice work and it would be a shame for it not to enter into the store for others to enjoy. Your idea still can stand with a little more direction towards the game style. (I hate to say that cause it will change your general direction totally but it is your call.)

Ancient is pretty much the general theme of DOTA2, like biblical times ancient.(You probably know that already.)
    From how preceptive It anyway, keep kickin ass.
  • metaD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty much the same as the others :
    Awesome idea, love the gasmask style, fits with the idea of a venomous hero.
    It too sci-fi for the dota2 universe, but, I think you can find a compromise, take a look at the Rackham figurines.

Aberration.jpg
    b9f503fc-7cc9-4bd4-9c78-f9b337dca932.jpg
    ClonesofDirz.jpg
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    This is really cool but I feel the need to echo what other people have said. I think this would fit with a more organic look. You could keep most of the shapes and silhouettes I think if they looked like they were molded out of the carapace. Even the gas mask could have an organic feel.
  • foeffa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man ... please find a way to keep it awesome and also conform to the design rules because it looks amazing. :D
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Good Idea - it is fact, but you need to add more flow to your design. More organik as it said before. Tyranids are very good example. Venomancer reminds me sportkar, rather than two cannon tank. This hero is agile - so keep it in mind. Good Concepts so far, and good execution. Keep it up!