Home Unreal Engine

Urgent "Landscape Mode" Mapping Scale Question/Issue (+Images)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Actorx polycounter lvl 4
I played around with the nodes and figured out how to do it :)

Original post, Question #1
Ok, I've looked around the Interwebs for hours now and can't find a solution for my question. This is a pretty specific question so you may want to refer to the pictures/docs below for things I mention.
I've set up my 4033x4033 heightmap using the "Landscape Mode" (Not the "Terrain Editing Mode") and split the 8192x8192 texture map into four 4096x4096 textures in PS and now I have it combined in the materials window to make the full 8192x8192 map again.
I followed the documentation here:http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainAdvancedTextures.html near the bottom to do this.
They briefly mention at the bottom of that documentation about mapping scale, but there is no example I could find of how to incorporate the "TerrainCoords" into this specific node setup for combining four images to get a main diffuse with the proper mapping scale for the landscape resolution of choice (once again, 4033x4033)... Thus my mapping scale needs to be 4033 as well and I've got the node ready, but I've no clue what I need to plug it into in the current node setup before it gets plugged into the diffuse socket as the "TerrainCoords" would usually get plugged into the "TextureSample" UV's socket instead of the "TexCoords" for alighting the Tile >.< Would I have to rethink my approach to the Tiling with the "TexCoords" ? Or am I just missing something?
All help is appreciated and the images are below.

Here is my current node setup for the Landscape Material

1g35h

Here is what it looks like on the terrain.

1g39W

And this is what it looks like if I just put a single stretched 4096x4096 diffuse map with the 4033 mapping scale on the terrain.

1fZvo

And This is what the node setup for the single 4096x4096 stretched diffuse map with 4033 mapping scale as above looks like.

1g3dh

Alright, Question #2

Alright, so I might have found a way but I got stuck again. Is it possible I am getting the Terrain tools mixed up with the landscape editor? why are there even two? T_T
Anyhow, I got my terrain layer setup created as it mentioned in the documentation but I cant figure out how to assign the Terrain_Layer_Setup to the terrain actor for the "Landscape Mode"

--Edit--
I've just come to the conclusion for now that the "TerrainLayerSetup" Is strictly for use with the "Terrain Editing Mode" and was not intended for "Landscape Mode". So there must be a way to do it more like I tried in the Original Post -- Inside the material editor, using a "TerrainCoords" node.

1g3yk
--End of Edit--

Thank you once again for your time :)
If you want any other info just let me know ^^

Also, if there is any alternative way to do this with less brain hurt please inform me >.< lol