Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DotA 2] Witchdoctor - Bone Shaman

Been interested in creating an armour set for DotA 2 for a while now, and now this seems a good opportunity to give the whole thing a go, decided to create something for the Witchdoctor just for the fact I play him an awful lot in the actual game, haha. I have been messing about with some concepts, blocking out stuff using dynamesh and just generally playing about with ideas.

dota2wdconcept3.jpg

The idea behind the set is the Witchdoctor sourcing power from fallen enemies by wearing by their bones kinda like real life shamans drawing power from spirits. I'm currently having much fun taking characters from the radiant faction and utilizing their designs to create the skulls and bones that will create the armour itself. Anywho will be interesting to see how it all turns out at least and am really loving some of the other designs people are coming up with.

Will keep things updated, and look forward to any comments and crits that people may have. :)

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Cool idea on the staff and the feathers! I'd say stylize the heck out of the face mask skull though, it seems way to realistic and clashes with the rest of the design. Same goes for the crotch skull, though that already is a bit more stylized.
  • MufflesMctoffin
    Thanks for the comments Spudnik, Just hoping the feathers translate well as normal maps, I plan on just having them mapped to some planes with alphas, hopefully looks okay at the texture resolution and in engine. For the staff I'm going for the severed arm of the Treant character. But yeah I agree with stylizing the hell out of the skulls, gonna attack those with the trim brushes and really make them pop. In the meantime though, been cutting up an old anatomy model I sculpted a while back and playing around with a few ideas, I will tweak the skulls and add variations once I'm happy with placement. Re-worked the staff too, wanted to make it a little more visually interesting so stuck a giant skull on top haha, just need to work on sculpting in a nice bark texture and add a few details.dota2wdconcept4.jpg