Home Unreal Engine

Install of UDK 12/2010 didn't put a shortcut on my desktop...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
punchface polycounter lvl 6
I had to reinstall, no biggie, I had the installer saved in one of my docs folders and so I just did it....

...but there's not desktop shortcut.

I don't wanna play Unreal Tournament 3, I wanna fire up the UDK Beta for December of 2010.

Where do I find the clickable file/icon in the UDK file structure that will do that for me?

I'm running XP64 for the time being because I can't afford to upgrade to Win 7 and frankly, given that I'll probably get a new computer at some point in the next six months, I don't want to...so yeah, whatever, I'm still using XP64...in the Binaries folder for XP65, there are several files that looked promising but they all lead to the same screen that asks me if I wanna jump into "instant action" or "multiplayer" which is all UT3 stuff. Bahhh... I can see lightmass.exe in there which is nice..and UDKMobile which is encouraging as well...but no icon (not one that I recognize at least) that goes to the Editor rather than the game.

On the top level of Binaries I have FrontEnd and UDKSetUp and some other stuff and that's great and all but again, I click on stuff that looks like maybe it's what I want and everything is still taking me to a window where the software thinks that I want to play Unreal Tournament.

Where's the file that I can choose to initialize the Editor?

pf

Replies

• punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punchface polycounter lvl 6
    ...nevermind.

I'm sorry I'm dumbshit...I was looking for an easy hand-out and didn't do my research before posting. There's already a thread about this and the problem is an easily solved problem.

please disregard this thread.

pf
  • NoisyMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just in case someone stumbles upon this thread, its nice to have a solution.

In your start menu, under Programs > Applications > Unreal Development Kit, you will find a "UDK Editor" shortcut. I believe that's where it is, I'm not on my main PC at the moment.