Home Unreal Engine

UDK Preview Window Problem

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Stosh polycounter lvl 4
This is the issue; all of my meshes show up in the UDK editor window and are connected to the packages correctly (UDKGame > Content > Packages) as well as my map folder is in the Content folder as well. When I go to click on "Play in Viewport" after building my lighting all my meshes disappear and the shadows stay.

This has been very frustrating as of late because I have already started over my mesh placement over, although I didn't remake my Persistent Level which contains my terrain and most of the default night time map settings (DefaultPhysicsVolume_4, DominantDirectionalLight_0, ExponentialHeightFog_0, InterpActor_2, and PlayerStart_0). I kept that level so was hoping not to remake my terrain as well.

Help would me much appreciated.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    Assuming things are inside the content folder, they should be ok...so that's odd you're not seeing the meshes.
    When you close the editor and restart, do you get any errors?
    Are they placed in a sublevel that's not loaded by default? That gets me everytime.
    Additionally, you can toggle the 'G'key in editor to quickly simulate 'game mode'--that'll tell you if your meshes are flagged as hidden or something shadey like that.