Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[dota 2] - Queen of pain - TBD

Hey guys, i've some concept for a queen of pain set, sadly i've 0 experience with modelling program so i need to flashlearn some stuffs before i could actually start xD

Replies

• EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Good luck! don't forget the polycount wiki to help you in your journey
    http://wiki.polycount.com/
  • Redde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woolooloo

I've figured out the basic of modelling, and i've done the model of my weapon.
    I would really love to see how it look in game before putting effort in texuring but i dont get the process...

edit: the ingame preview from workshop submission need texture so it's time to learn some uv madness
  • Redde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working still in progress, but i've find myself in a shamefull position.
    -state of work-
    I'm using blender 2.64 with the last smdtool
    I've my weapon model done, with just a testdummy texure (tumb up for valve with the the shade tutorial, and helljumper's work in is youtube tf2&dota2 workshop guide).
    I can upload my model on the dota 2 game preview.
    I CANT put my weapon on the hand of queen of pain. (edit: i'm talking about the model in the game preview)
    I've tried everything i could think of. My weapon is assigned to the knife_L_1 node as valve asked in the tecnical requirement. But ingame the stuff simply dosent work...
    If i use the skeleton of the QueenOfPain_body provided in the tecnical requiremnt page i find myself with a weapon floating up and right the body with the weapon pointing up.
    If i extract myself the model fromm the root of dota 2 and assign the weapon to that knife_L_1, my weapon float around the knee of queen of pain (but with the right angle at least)
    either this 2 position in game seems arbitrary and nothing change if i move the model in the blend file. (i clean the smd data before exporting again)
    Probably i've missiong something basic witch i cant figure out due to my inexperience.
    Someone can figure my problem? meantime i'll work in some screenshot of my work and this fail specifically xD