Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA2] - Naga Siren - Banished Set

loretah
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
loretah polycounter lvl 7
I found the Naga Siren very inspiring, here is what I have so far. There are no UVs yet so I applied a flat colour for now.

I am working on the weapons, and dread the moment I will have to work on the bones as I have never done any rigging. Lowering the poly count for the LOD1 will also be a challenge with all those tentacles!

Comments and ideas are very welcome!

ei7Ue.png

Replies

• loretah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finished the swords and the UVs. Next: Fighting with Zbrush's interface.
    nNn4y.png
  • Vindalia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, good work so far! Best of luck with fighting Zbrush's interface (I'll be doing the same too, soon enough) and if you've got any concept sketches, I'd love to see them :)
  • loretah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Vindalia! I won the fight with Zbrush with a lot of help from the magnificent Google, it helped me solve all my issues.
    As for concept, since I am not very good at it I went straight into the modeling, and will be now experimenting with colour schemes using photoshop on top of the image (now that I have the shape I wanted).

I have finished the normal map, although I have encountered a final unresolved issue. I have posted about it here
    If anyone known the answer I would be very grateful for the help.

After rebuilding a bit of the dismanteled puzzle, here is the result in Zbrush:

KOgMw.png

I have textured the tentacles since I knew exactly how I wanted them, but due to some computer issues I will have to post that result later, after I've hit it with a hammer a few more times.
  • loretah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I ended up throwing away most of the normal mapping I had done, it was actually not necessary and was only causing noise.

A9lQO.png

Another from up heeere

rMn6n.png

I have made another version, it's very monochromatic, but I actually like it a lot:

8bdRI.png

Never mind the lack of dual wielding, I keep forgetting to duplicate the weapon.
    Lowering the poly count for the LOD1 was surprisingly easy.
    Next step: learning how to rig.
  • shanks37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm on board withe the monochromatic one too, it stands out more.

also, am i the only one who's reminded of the 5th element opera singer? :P