Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Pudge - The Amputator

Hello polycount! I'm new here, but I'm working on a submission for Mr. Pudge.

The Amputator.

Decades of bone cracking and flesh hacking have left Pudge an experienced bladesman. He has accrued many tools of the trade, including a set of surgical implements he reserves for only the finest of corpses (and those soon to be)

So my intention is to create a set of items, within his theme, but expanding beyond the butcher idea slightly. I'm planning for a curved amputation knife to take place of the cleaver, perhaps a bone saw or drill implement for the hook.

I've also done a quick concept of a "Flesh Mask", a surgical type mask made of flesh no less.

b0H0w.jpg

Please let me know what you think, any critiques welcome!

Replies

• iirsmv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a nice idea!
    I would make the mask a slightly different color, and maybe add some extra detail, just to differentiate it from the rest of his head. AS it is it just looks like he doesn't have a mouth.
    That's a creative idea for a mask, though!
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    Keep in mind that Valve isn't too fond of things covering the character's faces. This could work though - I don't know whether Pudge's face animates or not, but it could also clip as a result.
  • jnumber9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jnumber9 triangle
    perhaps the mask should have ripped, inaccurate edges in order to look like flesh? right now its kinda plain. best regards!
  • BlueHorseDemon
    Thanks for the input guys, took some of that into account.

RRah6.jpg

His mouth is animated in the portrait definitely, when I model it I'll have to see how it interacts, especially given he has an enormous underbite. I figured I'd add some skin hanging down to give it some interest and look a little less a natural part of his face.