Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Anatomy Studies, Male & Female.

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ValiantDan polycounter lvl 12
Hey everybody, I’m always looking for feedback, an I always get the best feedback within PolyCounts forums.

So I wanted to post up my current W.I.P. Male and Female.

anatomyWIP.jpg

If anyone can guide me me I would be very grateful! I just feel I could use some extra pointers. Maybe perhaps words of wisdom. I wanna know an learn.

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    You should start over and concentrate on just one figure, probably the male. Stay at a low subdivision level and just work out basic proportions, and primary muscle form. You jumped into high subdivision to try to indicate small muscle forms and bones, but the forms below it isn't working yet.

Reference is key, find a good turn around of a model, and muscle charts.
  • pedrohurtado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with bardler, you should start over and concentrate on the male first. Make sure you focus on the form of the figure. Pay special attention to proportions, make sure you get all of the different planes in the body especially in the face. Since these are studies you have to really focus and try to study each part of the body because some areas are almost untouched like the hands. I am also still learning anatomy so I understand how difficult it is, but you just have to keep on studying. A good place to find good reference is 3d.sk, they offer some free pics but if you pay for the membership you will have a ton of references.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I don't see any reason to start over. The anatomy is out a little out of whack, but not to the degree that the problem areas can't be rectified with a little work. Really a lot can be solved with some pretty simple nudging of forms.
  • ValiantDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ValiantDan polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks everyone, I've started since making the new adjustments. I do see why you would want to start over, although I decided to make the adjustments. So that later on I know when I do start new characters, I'll have a clear idea that I could and can make human characters.