Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Brewmaster – Drunk Punch

ngon master
Online / Send Message
ZacD ngon master
Current set

Theme: The core idea behind the set is to make Brewmaster look a bit tougher without loosing his character. I like to think people like packs that make their character a bit more epic, but I wanted to include a bit of humor and external references.

I liked the red stitching and crossing on the character, I decided to bring it in as part of the theme. The hat, gauntlets, and flail are going to be repeating the crossing pattern. The crosses are also on the bottle as part of the xXx label on the side and bottom.

This character originally started off as a Pandaren character from Warcraft 3 Dota mod. He was black and white in Dota 2 for a while, before they retextured the character. I decided to have the panda pelt and rice hat as a reference to this characters past iterations, and to poke a little fun at similar characters, such as Pandaria and Kung Fu Panda.

The bottle is an obvious reference to the Valve's Demoman from TF2 default melee weapon. I just switched up the proportions, I will be changing the label to match Dota2, and be original. But the reference should be clear.

Concerns:
- I'm worried about the dark panda pelt messing up the dark to light gradient Valve likes to have on its heroes.
- The X pattern with the red string is over used, nothing else ties together the set.
- Am I loosing too much of the cooking and spiritual side of the champion. (Possible solution is to make sure the grain flail looks like its a farming tool first, weapon second)

03fiw.png

0iFoo.png

Rice hat (Shoulders)
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 200
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 150
Texture Size: 128H x 256W

Y7sxm.png

Arms
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 300
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 250
Texture Size: 128H x 256W

LyDVt.png

zMQf0.png

Back (Panda Killer)
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 450
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 300
Texture Size: 256H x 256W

RMz4h.png

Grain Flail (Weapon)
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 450
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 350
This model should primarily be bound to the bone: flail2_0

KMLNT.png

CsTou.png

http://p3d.in/6kjyg
Demon man liquor bottle (Weapon Offhand)
LoD0 Triangle Limit: 400
LoD1 Triangle Limit: 300
This model should primarily be bound to the bone: keg1_0

Replies