Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Phantom Lancer – Pole Fisher's Legacy

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Cosmo85 polycounter lvl 5
Hello, my name is Marco. This is my first full-on competition entry on Polycount, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

I chose the Phantom Lancer, and my idea going in was making a type of heirloom, tribal armor that is handed down to the mightiest warrior of the village. The back story says that they are a fishing culture, so I will try and incorporate that element. I have yet to do any type of concept art or paint overs, but they will be up soon.

Lancers and Dragoons have always been one of my favorite classes in most games, and I jumped at the chance to do assets for this character. I look forward to uploading work, as well as getting feedback from you great bunch of guys!

Replies

• Cosmo85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cosmo85 polycounter lvl 5
    Here is a quick couple of sketches and a rough out in Zbrush. I would like to sit for hours and draw out some concepts and silhouettes, but I am much faster at blocking shapes out in zbrush with dynamesh. I am going for an ornate armor themed with fish-type details and shapes. I feel the silhouettes could also use something, though I'm having a hard time knowing what that is. I'll post more hopefully soon.

I hope to make them more focussed in the future I am just way busy with a bunch of other things.

Seeing this, though, with the fish "plate", it could be neat if he was just covered in actual fish he caught. Any ideas?

I'll appreciate any feedback as always.I'll appreciate any feedback as always.
    S5eZD.jpg
    EJVp4.jpg