Home Full time/Part time work

Senior Lecturer in Games Design, University of Hertfordshire, £35,938 to £45,486

Replies

• littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    And to any US people looking at this, that is $73,000 per year.....but I guess if you are applying to be a lecturer then you already knew that.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    You will already have a doctorate in this or a related area

Got to love impossible requirements.
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    ambershee wrote: »
    Got to love impossible requirements.

I think that is wishful thinking from my academic managers but saying that, a couple of years ago we did find Dr A Gizzard who has a PhD in Games Design so they are out there.

me_arcade.jpg
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Yea, the university of Copenhagen offers Ph.D's in game design, so this isn't an impossible requirement. That being said I've only met 3 people in my life who've attained this level of academic prestige in regards to game design so you might be looking for a long time to fill this position
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    I guess I would just apply and say you don't have PhD but are happy to do one. The UH will pay for it and you would get a some time off to do it. Whats the worst that could happen.

It would be a chance to study an interesting game design subject such as pervasive gaming, alternate reality game, transmedia storytelling, homage to reportage or whatever crazy things I used to listen to games designers talking about.

Best Wishes
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    True that, a great opportunity and after some of the GDD's I've written a Ph.D thesis would be a walk in the park :) heh, well maybe not quite but man GDD's can turn into tombs in a hurry :) Good luck filling the position I posted it up on linkedin and twitter for ya