Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Interface - Not saving custom brush

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Azaraen polycounter lvl 10
Hello!

I got a problem where I've set up custom brushes in my zbrush interface, but when I close out of the program, and come back, the brushes have disappeared from their dock. I have to reload them again and put them back.

I've saved config and ui. And downloaded a plugin from pixologic that was suppose to fix that problem, but didn't.

I am using Zbrush 4r3.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    save the brushes in your zstartup folder or else they won't load automatically
  • RENDEREN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RENDEREN polycounter lvl 8
    If I may add, its worth cloning the brush before you modify it. It makes sure you don't destroy the brush.Once your done customizing brushes, just go to Brush>Save As. Save your brush in the aforementioned zStartup folder.

Also, saving config doesn't save brushes. It only saves your custom UI configuration.

Hope it works out
  • Azaraen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azaraen polycounter lvl 10
    Oh wow! It worked! You guys made my day. Thank you so much! Can't believe it was that simple. And yet all my google searches never made that point. lol
  • JakeRay007
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JakeRay007 polycounter lvl 6
    cryrid said:
    save the brushes in your zstartup folder or else they won't load automatically
    RENDEREN said:
    If I may add, its worth cloning the brush before you modify it. It makes sure you don't destroy the brush.Once your done customizing brushes, just go to Brush>Save As. Save your brush in the aforementioned zStartup folder.

Also, saving config doesn't save brushes. It only saves your custom UI configuration.

Hope it works out
    Should it be the zstartup folder in the user documents path or the zstartup folder in the location where zbrush is installed?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    JakeRay007 said:
    zstartup folder in the location where zbrush is installed?
    yes.