Home Artists Looking For Work

[PAID Contract] - Seeking Freelance 2D Animator

[Update: Job filled] - Thanks everybody for the replies to this post!

Zanzo Studios is a tiny startup consisting of myself (the developer) and a part-time artist working on our first release, a turn-based iOS game. The game is about as far along as it's going to get with just the two of us putting in all the time that we can, so in order to reach our goal of a Spring 2013 release we need to hire an additional artist. I am located in Oakland, CA and the current artist is in Brooklyn, NY, so we are comfortable working remotely. I will admit that it would be nice to find an animator in the Bay Area (or CA in general), but that is not a requirement.

The character design is complete (8 in total), the UI is near done, and the game is about 2 weeks out from the first playable version. What we need is a 2D artist with experience in animation to create scripted fight sequences between the 8 characters. Like the title of the post says, this is a paid position. I would prefer to contract this out at a fixed price rather than an hourly wage, but of course this is all negotiable. Unfortunately I do not currently have what I consider to be a reasonable time estimate for this work, the process of character animation is not familiar enough to me in order to guestimate a work schedule/asset list. I will need to describe to the potential artist in more detail exactly what is needed for the game, and rely on their expertise to come up with a reasonable time estimate together. Despite that, I'm fully aware that the scope of this project will require payment in the neighborhood of several thousand dollars. Finally, I am looking to start working with the artist at the beginning of 2013, so this is not a job that starts immediately.

To sum up:
  • Need 2D artist with experience in animation
  • Contract to start in January 2013
  • Will review the requirements in detail with the artist and estimate the job prior to the start of the contract
  • Payment amount is certainly influened by skill and experience

Nice to have but not requirements:
  • In CA, even better if located in the Bay Area
  • Previous video game experience
  • A sense of humor

Contact Information
email: michael.mcclenney@zanzostudios.com

We currently do not have a website up. As we're still working on our first release, it's not like there would be much to show anyway. The launch of the website will coincide with the release of the game. Thanks for reading this post.

Replies