Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Paco Casares

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
PacoCasares polycounter lvl 11
Hello Everyone!
I wanted to try out to have a Thread where I am happy to upload anything and everything I am doing at the moment. Its also my first thread with Polycount, I have been following the site lately as I am recently going to finish my Game Graphics Design course at RMIT (Melbourne) and I should start looking for other sources of self teaching and self motivating on making game art.

Currently I am working with a Team of RMIT on this game, its a point and click adventure game that we are developing for the ipad. I will upload small resolution images as previews, and some other works.

Replies

• PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    workInProgressGodofBlunderRender.jpg
    workInProgressGodofBlunderKitchen.jpgblunderDinningRoomPC2.jpg

These are some of the backgrounds I have been working lately for our uni game project: God of Blunder. The work process that I am currently using, to get perspective right, I use a quick 3d sketch, then I make an outline on top, and after that I put on some painterly detail.
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hallWayGOF.jpg
    And this is a result after doing the outline and the digital painting detail on top.
  • brenly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brenly polycounter lvl 7
    nice style .. the chairs in the third image look a little odd, one is up high and the other low.
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They are different sizes, one chair is supposed to be for Thor, and the other Chair for Magni. All characters from a fantasy Viking setting in their heaven. I do not do the story or scrip just the art ;)
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    westDinningRoom.jpg
    I wanted to improve the shadows and the lighting on this fella here. West side of the dining room.
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! I totally forgot about sketch book. Lets put up some stuff I have been doing in a thread contest!

gna3XW0.jpg
    wXcWw0E.jpg
    OaTXsIi.jpg
    GjcUzin.jpg
    jPtLuDk.jpg
    VfHRdHS.jpg
    Uka4eXo.jpg
    rEqgGs3.jpg
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was testing some new brushes, learning up some techniques and tricks and bummer... I got distracted. I did a Lion Care Bear super hero of some sort.
    The more you use zbrush, the more it rewards you. I checked this page. It has a great collection of brushes and mat caps, and its totally worth having a play with.
    http://pointpusher.com/prefs/zBrush/
    Certainly play with the Lucky Brush. There is another whole collection of brushes worth checking out in that ZIP file. Such a good treat.
    Credits to all the respective brush and mat cap creators with this file.
    carriedAway.jpg
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello fellas! I have been exploring with Zbrush a bit further doing exercises and experimenting. I got to say, that sculpting in Zbrush is becoming my biggest ambition and I do not want to stop until I can be confident to say that I am a professional sculptor and modeller with Zbrush.

Here I am, for fun doing some furry modelling. I am posting version 1, 2 and the latest with how I started using zspheres.

What do you think? Sorry about the nudity. I know people have asked me why I bothered to model the genitals. In the next version I will cover the naked parts, work on the hands and legs. Polish and refine the muscles. Work on the face and add modelled hair elements.

After this I will look on more references of bulls and bovines to give the bull a less cartony style, and a more realistic style. I have only realised now that the bull lacks character, so I have further looked at more concept art from GoW to get some ideas.

Art goes to their respective owners.

About the pose, situation and setting, I am still not sure what I am going for. But ideas to pop in would be lovely. The end result would be nice to have a rendered Minotaur standing on a floating piece of labyrinth floor stretch about to attack someone.

I want the render to be both in Zbrush, and then a low poly version in Marmoset for portfolio. But that is only if I get to finish it, and I do not get bored with it :)
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys, I was wondering about this sketchbook! And I would like to give it a another try with uploading WIPs

A car paint material>

• PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have decided to come back to this, I would like to show my WIP progress as I work on my graphics every day.
    It is just a matter of making a habit right?