Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need Reviews

This image is my final low poly killer mech design rendered in Maya. I started out with using the curve tube brushed in Zbrush when I was working out the design.

1_1_CCusac_Resource01.jpg

1_1_CCusac_Resource02.jpg
1_1_CCusac_Resource03.jpg

This next image is of a viking that I created with Zbrush in an attempt to capture the general realistic style of Assasin's Creed.

1_1_CCusac_Resource05.jpg

This image is of a character I've been designing for a God of War style game I want to create. She was created using Zbrush.

1_1_CCusac_Resource06.jpg

The next two images are of a dragonoid character that I designed in Zbrush.

1_1_CCusac_Resource07.jpg
1_1_CCusac_Resource08.jpg

Next up is Dominar Rigel the XVI from Farscape. The render was created in Zbrush and the background was added in photoshop.

1_1_CCusac_Resource04.jpg

Next up is a 4hr sculpt I call Bill Hilly. The face was based on a warped image of my face that inspired the entire character. This is entirely in Zbrush with polypainting.

1_1_CCusac_Resource10.jpg1_1_CCusac_Resource09.jpg

The next two images are zsculpt anatomy studies.

1_1_CCusac_Resource11.jpg1_1_CCusac_Resource12.jpg

The last image is of a Nintendo style character I design named Goober. I wanted to change up my sculpting style in this piece by creating a cartoony character.

1_1_CCusac_Resource15.jpg

Replies

• Uninter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of this stuff is really cool, I especially like the close up of the dragon-creature's head, but a lot of it needs work. I think you need to work on your presentation as well, though. The lighting makes it really hard to read what you've done and doesn't flatter much of it at all either. You'll probably want to spend a bit of time refining your ideas and your sculpts. Certain things (like the lips on the dragon) don't look cohesive and stand out. It brings your work down when you have poorly thought out detail like that, and it's a shame because there's a lot of potential there.
  • SumBull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really appreciate the feedback. I'll have to try to spend more time working out all of my details and research lighting some more.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Your texturing needs a lot of work. Your skin tones come out decent but the other materials like metal and clothing look muddy and flat.
  • SumBull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a good point. I've spent so much time working on improving my skin texturing and anatomy that I have neglected the rest of the textures a bit. Can you recommend any good resources on creating a variety cloth and metal textures?