Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[MIXAMO CONTEST] Mailman Zombie

I was pretty busy during the last contest, but now I'm not letting myself have any excuse. I'm making a zombie mailman, and I'm pushing it to the end and submitting it!

Concept art:
525820_3834818184145_34362756_n.jpg

Replies

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Mailman sounds cool :)
  • nkonstantino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zombiemail.png

I wanted to put down a really rough idea of what I had before I forget.
    I'll be going back in and making it more zombie-like in the future. And coloring it. Before I move onto the modeling stages.

Which I almost never do because I'm usually terrible at 2d. Learning time~!
  • jayson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Although I really like the taper of the pumpkin, one thing I might suggest is to google "rotten jack o lanterns". They tend to collapse on themselves and it might really help add some death and decay if you are looking to add some "zombie" to the head. Really good concept. I hear you on the 2D. I recently had a wacom tablet gifted to me and this is it's trial run. It's really added a new level of interest and value into concept and preplanning and has made it much easier.
  • nkonstantino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    525820_3834818184145_34362756_n.jpg

So this is where I have it so far.
    I'm going to run color on it real soon.

I also need to come up with something to push it farther. Since it just kinda looks like "generic zombie with a pumpkin on its head".

My roommate gave me the idea to stuff letters into his severed head/mouth. I like it.

Edit: colored.