Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mi-Go Model via H.P. Lovecraft

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
whyareyoumakin1 polycounter lvl 7
I'm currently working on this model of an insectoid creature called a Mi-Go based on H.P. Lovecraft's novels of Cthulhu and more specifically, Nyarlathotep. I'm working with a team of 6 other people and we are making a first person survival horror game, although it's more accurate to call it an interactive narrative as currently we don't have much in the way of mechanics.

He.. err the Beast bug is roughly the size of a dog and is the smallest of the 3 monsters in the game, but they also hunt in large packs. I personally have always found small skittering things with more than 4 legs to be rather terrifying so I thought this would make a good addition to our horror game. I'm only on hour 10 of the sculpt in ZBrush and I would love some feedback.

Anyone have any critiques likes dislikes, tips, tricks, or spells(3d techniques) that i might benefit from?

I'm working from a concept done by Ashley Sarroca (seen below), ((and the capture of the Mi-Go with his torso raised is only intended to show the Mi-Go when rearing up to attack. It normally walks with his torso down))

Thanks all!
Lucas M.

m7OIZ.jpg

0q4ue.jpg

ofOFW.jpg

kH9rM.jpg

Replies