Home General Discussion

how's your hand? how's your neck?

Replies

• XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XilenceX polycounter lvl 10
    I once had problems because the weight and sensitivity of my mouse where extremely wrong. (Too heavy and low sensitivity) So if you can afford it make sure to get a mouse where these things are adjustable. My wrist pain vanished a week after changing this and never returned since. However it had been getting so strong that I even went to the doctor, before I made the change. Seeing this as a warning sign I also try to take breaks from work more regularly these days.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Sucks to hear about all this gents, I still haven't made the change from sitting to standing desk and I think it will do wonders for me. I have increased the hell out of my mobility/exercising, still not extreme but enough to relieve the stress on my joints.

I'll try to help with things I'm doing and maybe you guys can gain from It.

I have my tablet where my keyboard is and my elbow is aligned with my tablet and I never get pain and I use It all day, 7 days a week.

Work out 30 / 1 hour in the morning either after breakfast or even before It.
    ^This can be anything, when I say anything jumping jacks is a part of that, just move.

My monitors are a touch lower than my eye level, I've learned to just lower my eyes and not my stationary head position.

During my change from fat/chubby to thin, I noticed that food has an enormous amount of effects on your attitude as well as how your body feels. (I sound like an AD)
    I used to have a horrible attitude, drinking/smoking didn't help either.
    ^It's great when you have friends and if It is not all the time like 2-3 times a month is a bit much, birthday's/new years are excluded. (I used to be like oh shi, It's Friday! time to drink.) Now I don't even drink/smoke.

I still have things I need to fix so I'm not Mr.perfect, like Coffee I kicked it for 1 month and I started again so I have to kick it again, I've noticed this happens when you start to change your routines. Your body has a craving and you just have to have it, so have it but, remember your trying to kick It and setup a day for It.
    i usually say okay I started to drink coffee and It's Monday so either Friday or Sunday will be my last day.
    KEY tip for those of you that workout: Small cup of Black coffee will do wonders before your workouts, I'm like a mad man ;) resting very short periods cause I want to stay active. I am not a muscle bodybuilder guy either, so i lift really light for some people and I don't give a --. :)

If your aches and pains are really bad, I'd go to a massage therapist 1 - 2 times a week or have your man or lady do that for you for free and maybe reward him/her with something special for (taking care of you).

Basically if you have a pain your body is telling you It might be lacking something in your diet, are you drinking enough water, how healthy are your meals, How active are you really in a day, do you have a 'you time' were your alone/away or free from the world/people and the stresses of daily life.
    This is a duration of 15 - 30 minutes - 1 Hour of something you enjoy a lot! If not find one.

It is crazy to add these and we all really hate change, trust me I've fought hard to change a lot of my old habits but man do I feel good.

Here is an extreme change that many might not enjoy doing but it is Intermittent Fasting.
    Where you eat for 8 hours out of your day and the rest are periods of fasting.
    The time frame is yours to choose but I sort of cheat, 4 hours before sleeping I stop eating so add the 8 hours of sleep I get, then add another 4 hours when I wake up before I eat again, boom, for me easy enough.
    Depending on your weight you have 8 hours to eat whatever you want just make sure you eat your daily caloric intake, mine is 2000-2500 calories.

I did this recently and man, I jump out of bed ready to go!
    I used be to sluggish and groggy in the morning.

Your choice changing habits is hella hard but the benefits make me feel renewed and this is all free shit...
    Trying it doesn't hurt.