Home Unreal Engine

Farm WIP

61415_3228677215183_655735154_n.jpg
644693_3228677055179_1842527340_n.jpg
486882_3228677335186_990185023_n.jpg

Id love feedback.
In fact, I'm stuck right now. I cant figure out what to do with the background. I know how to do a full skydome and all that jazz, but as far as a setting I dont know what it should be.

I am asking you talented and caring people to do a paint over when you have free time!

Props and other Mid-Small objects are in the works.

kthxbyethend

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    you probably want to post this in pimping/previews, not techtalk
  • Killjaqular
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you probably want to post this in pimping/previews, not techtalk

:/ don't know how to move it there. this is my first thread ever! im a nervous little school girl.
  • Killjaqular
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where's your reference? I'd say go back to that for inspiration, show it here too.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1672740

^this guy^

as far as the color palette and foliage. however i'd like the setting to be different. but i dont know how different O_O
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    I'm not sure what to make of your last post, what do you mean with "this guy" ? As far as i know it's sort of a derogatory term which has no place in your post.He asked for reference which is normal.whatever.
  • Killjaqular
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to make of your last post, what do you mean with "this guy" ? As far as i know it's sort of a derogatory term which has no place in your post.He asked for reference which is normal.whatever.

lol, i wrote "^this guy^" with arrows pointing to a link TO my reference. in no way was i being rude :P

and to be specific who "this guy" is, his screen name is: jonas-144. he has freaking great work.
  • Killjaqular
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For structure and props:

farm%20country_4c0357a758c61.jpg

For lighting and mood lighting:

scotland_highland_sheep_country_farm.jpg

For setting and environment:

country-farm-sheffield-england-richard-singleton.jpg
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    those look like good references to me. So you need a terrain in there, and a better sun. And props. And terrain textures. And fog. And etc. I'd say that you should make some rough versions of all those things and set up a rough scene. Nothing needs to be finished for you to whitebox/sketchin the setting. You can even begin poking around a bit with lighting and fog this early on, if it helps you prioritize your scene's assets. After that, you will have a good idea of which elements need to be brushed up to final-quality first.

Also, if you message Adam or one of the mods, I'm pretty sure they can move it for you. You'll get more dedicated critiques in that subforum. Otherwise, you may just be best off posting a new thread there.
  • Killjaqular
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    those look like good references to me. So you need a terrain in there, and a better sun. And props. And terrain textures. And fog. And etc. I'd say that you should make some rough versions of all those things and set up a rough scene. Nothing needs to be finished for you to whitebox/sketchin the setting. You can even begin poking around a bit with lighting and fog this early on, if it helps you prioritize your scene's assets. After that, you will have a good idea of which elements need to be brushed up to final-quality first.

Also, if you message Adam or one of the mods, I'm pretty sure they can move it for you. You'll get more dedicated critiques in that subforum. Otherwise, you may just be best off posting a new thread there.

thanks friend!
    ill see about moving this thread to pimping and previews. first, *cracks whip, back to work for me!