Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] PPS-43 Game Weapon

Hello polycount people,

Well, my first message and 3d work at the forum. Game weapon for a videogame I am working on. High poly finished, now I am going to start with the low version. Done in 3ds Max except for the handgrip relief in Mudbox.

Of course any review or feedback to improve it is really welcome. I hope you like it.

Greetings.

Replies

• Chicken Dip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chicken Dip polycounter lvl 8
    Looking good there man... You seem to have some really sharp edges, they wont bake well, try loosen them up a little and you are set... Looking very good... Cant wait to see more :)
  • DiegoMinguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

Thank you Chicken Dip, you are totally right, I'll change it. Low version is almost done too.
  • DiegoMinguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Polycount,

I hope someone can help me with this problem. Something is wrong with the Projection modifier and render to texture, is not baking the normal map. As you can see in the snapshots, the cage is not shaded, although the check box is activated. Then, when I render, the normal map is empty, all with the same blue color.

The low version is a simple object with many elements, each one with a material ID, the same ID as the objects in the high version (this version is conformed by multiple different objects), so I use this to activate "Hit only with material ID" in render to texture.

Thanks. Cheers,

Diego

8xswmt.jpg

2nve791.jpg
  • DiegoMinguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem was solved. Flipped and overlapped faces in the UV layout and geometry.

The weapon is almost finished. Here are some snapshots of the wireframe and polycount. Two more with normals map and ambient occlusion applied.

2dalg5k.jpg

11r6paw.jpg

2eedi5d.jpg

17753t.jpg