Home Unreal Engine

Lightmass problem with speedtree

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
I have a problem with lightmass in udk, when placing some speedtrees.

The build percent stays at 5-6% forever, I left it 1 hour and 30 min to see if it goes up but nope.

The problem come when I add some Speedtree models, I can have 2-3 Speedtree models but when I try to add some more, the lightmass takes forever, I dont know what im doing wrong, the trees have between 1k - 2k polys so they are not so expensive, and they are without any leaf, only trunk and some branches.

I have good pc build, and with 2-3 trees works fine, but with more than that, it stucks at 5-6% for hours.

I tried tweaking some lightmass settings inside the speedtree actors but still nothing.

I would appreciate if anyone can tell to me what I am missing.

Thank you guys very much and if you need any additional info let me now.

Replies

• Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Alright found the problem, it seems to be two trees that were messing up, deleting them lightmass works fine now.

But I have another problem, my shadows, when I built the lights, and be in the viewport or playing the game, the shadows look like this:

nRSAy.jpg

When I place a new object without building lights yet, the shadows are ok, you can see the item int he shadow, but when I built, they become this.

Any solution?

Thank you very much.
  • Santewi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio wrote: »
    When I place a new object without building lights yet, the shadows are ok, you can see the item int he shadow, but when I built, they become this.

It's because when the lighting is not built they are using dynamic shadows. Your static shadow resolution is way too low. Either try increasing the res on the landscape (or mesh?) or untick the "use precomputed shadows" on the speedtree actors to always use dynamic shadows.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    That was it! Thank you very much.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Another problem come up..

hkbCc.jpg

My shadows and collisions are offset to the left, I dont know why, only in this Object, all others work fine, the options are the same as other speedtree meshes, Im not moving the object and I dont know what the problem can be.

Help would be appreciated

Thank you very much.