Home Unreal Engine

Cursor gets stuck in editor

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Azaraen polycounter lvl 10
JULY 2012 Version

The problem is that the mouse cursor will freeze, and I can't get unstuck unless I alt-f4 UDK. It can still click and right click, but no movement at all.

On a more repeated occasion, the mouse will disappear in UDK, and I usually have to press ESC to reveal the location of the cursor.

As far as my google research took me, it seems like people are doing the same things to fix the problems (which slows down progress and sometimes looses work), and it seemed about hopeless until EPIC releases a version without that problem.

But I was wondering if anybody here in the community found an easier to live this problem or fix it!

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    Do you happen to have a wacom? I've noticed issues with tablet+UDK combos.

Even aside from that, I've seen the disappearing mouse. Usually I get it to reappear by just rightclick+hold-and-pan/orbit around in a 3d viewport--on release the cursor would come back. Been that way ever since.. Jan 2011 or so?
    It sucks if the problems gotten worse though.
  • Azaraen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azaraen polycounter lvl 10
    I do have a wacom, but it wasnt plugged in when that happened. And agreed. I thought it was my mouse the whole time, I changed batteries and was considering buying a new one, but now I knowww.....
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    the wacom thing is that if you alttab while still hovering over the tablet, UDK will get stuck thinking all clicks are at like..0% pressure, and won't register any clicks. You have to alt tab BACK to photoshop, then click with the mouse (which is always 100%, I guess?) and then you can alttab back to UDK.