Home Unreal Engine

Create a movie not displaying static meshes

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Notes polycounter lvl 4
Im having a bit of a problem...When I "create a movie" within Matinee the avi that's create only shows the sky/clouds...my static meshes aren't being captured as well....
here's my matinee set-up
matineee.jpg
thanks all

Replies

• Notes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    forgot to mention that the mesh isn't rotating but the camera is object that's moving/rotating
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    so...are you trying to move static meshes? If so, you don't have them plugged into any movement track of their own.

If you're just trying to move the camera(which is what it sounds like, but I can't quite tell), show us all the curves for it in the curveeditor (top panel). Right now only the Blue/Z channel is showing, and it shows that you haven't done anything to the actual keyframes yet. (To edit a keyframe, create it, then select it, THEN either adjust the position of things in the viewport or use the curve editor)
  • Notes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah the static meshes aren't moving just the camera...it plays fine in game and matinee...but when I hit the 'create movie' it only renders the clouds

here's the full shot shota.jpg

and this is all that's rendering in the movie

scaled.php?server=826&filename=matineee.jpg&res=landing
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    Hm.. that's a bizarre one! The track and matinee look good then... Could the meshes be in a different sublevel that doesn't get properly loaded at runtime?
  • Notes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    Ok I've finally figured it out...I didnt have the packages in the UDK folder. The UDK files had to be in the autosaves folder while the UPK had to be in the Content folder. Rendered fine afterwards...thanks for pointing me in the right direction blankslatejoe