Home Unreal Engine

How to show grid when using a Template?

deolol
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
deolol polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys im new to UDK and decided to use the template that epic provides, but i cant seem to get a grid to show in perspective view like it does in ortho.

Any idea how? Thanks

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    It's there, it's just hidden behind the meshes and fog --which makes it pretty useless of course. You can always use F and W to toggle meshes and fog quickly on/off though.
  • deolol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deolol polycounter lvl 6
    It's there, it's just hidden behind the meshes and fog --which makes it pretty useless of course. You can always use F and W to toggle meshes and fog quickly on/off though.

Hi thanks for replying, but this didnt solve the issue.

It hides the geometry but there still isnt a visible grid to align stuff to
  • Kbrom12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    For as long as I've used UDK I don't think there has ever been a grid in the perspective viewport. It's an invisible one though, you can still snap based on your distance you have set...but you can't visually see it.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm...that's weird, I see it on mine, even in perspective, and I've just cleared the preferences. Maybe it's been turned off by default in the more recent UDK builds. If so, you can toggle it back on under the show/hide menu (little black 'down' arrow at the top left of each viewport).

But, again, you'll never see it if you don't turn off BOTH the geometry (which will turn off the skydome in a template file) AND the fog, which overdraws the grid. Also, make sure you're not in Game Mode (toggled with G, by default).
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, Kbrom's got a point--it's functionally there if you turn on the grid snapping for movement/placement, even if you can't see it.