Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Roelant Cornelissen, Prop and Environment Artist

http://www.roelantcornelissen.nl

Hi, I would like to have some feedback on my work on my portfolio and my website in general. I'm hoping to get a job as a junior environment artist or/and prop artist.

Super thanks in advance.

Replies

• Howl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Roelant, your portfolio is a great start. From a usability point of view it is a little confusing. Clicking on one of the four panels on the front page changes the big image, and then clicking that image takes you to the actual work. I think most people will stop when they just see the big image change and think that is all there is to see. I'd have the thumbnails take you straight to the page for that work.

I'd also rearrange the layout of your header links to something a little more web standard like Home | Portfolio | CV | Contact

I'm speaking from professional experience as a web designer so I hope I was able to help.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with howl the layout bugs me to
  • Roelant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Howl: Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the panels already. I will do the menu items tomorrow.

@nick2730: Thanks for your feedback!

Does anyone have any feedback on my work? I'm really wondering if it is diverse enough. Maybe you guys have tips of a project I could add to improve my portfolio?
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your work looks good, but there is no breakdowns of anything. No texture sheets, no wireframes or anything
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    I think the racing mountain scene should be the first banner that's shown.

Other than that, everyone else has pretty much covered what I suggest. The layout is funky and I get kind of lost in digging through your work. Keep it simplified.