Home General Discussion

3ds Max 2013 - Unwrap UVW modifier, how to select by element?

When I'm using the Unwrap UVW modifier, I'd like to select by object element but you can only select by vertex,edge,face. I'm not talking about UV elements, but the elements on the object. Like how you can select by element on edit poly modifier.

I can do this but it's a several step process:
  1. Collapse Unwrap UVW modifier
  2. Select the element(s) via editable poly
  3. Click the icon next to edit poly modifier
  4. add an Unwrap UVW modifier
  5. The element(s) are now selected in the UVW editor.

There has to be a more simple way to do this right?

Replies

• xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    in the unwrap uv modifier you can check "select by ovject" its a white cube in the first rollout on the right hand side at the top)
    i'm sry, dont got max 2013 here at work, if the problem still persists holla at me and i'll make a screenshot when i'm at home
  • Sandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot that did it, I thought it was something simple that I wasn't seeing.
  • xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    what you can do, too is, when you have all of your seams layed down, change to face selection mode (hotkey "3") and then select one face of your island either in the viewport or the unwrapping window and "expand selection to edge seams". (its the little box located in your modifier, right next to the "convert edge selection to seams", beneath the pelt mapping functions.
    This way you dont select the whole element, but wanted to throw that in, as it seems you are new to selecting in the unwrap modifier