Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Duel Beasts

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
redcap polycounter lvl 11
We are currently working on a game called Duel Beasts and have entered a competition at the Salt Valley Tally in which the top five campaigns win. So we could really use your votes if you think our project looks cool.

Link to vote.

The game is a monster collection/fighting game in which there is no level grinding, but rather skill building/finding mechanic.

Enough talk, onto the art:

DemoFrozenFish.png

DemoTerrorSaur.png

DemoBloodTiger.png

sDemoEarthWyrm.png

sDemoShroomy.png

Replies

• Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    there just z brush sculpts...
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    RJBonner wrote: »
    there just z brush sculpts...

That's a terrible critique. Also, continuing on with the dickness, it's "They're".

redcap. There are some pretty unique designs right here! Many are pretty cool IMO! The sculpting isn't half bad either.

There are a lot of great character artists and designers on this forum, so hopefully they can give you a bit more of a stronger design crit than I can.

What I can say is that that I think you're strongest monster is the dino bird. It conveys the most realism out of the bunch. I'd love to see more like that, and the others pushed in a similar direction.

Maybe the ice snake still has real teeth and eyes, but the rest of the body is the icy surface? Stuff like that. Good luck with the contest! :thumbup:
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redcap polycounter lvl 11
    @Southpaw Sid

Thanks for the feedback. It is interesting because I have gotten a lot of different feedback from a lot of different sources as to what style they do or don't like. Some agree with you and want a more realistic look, others want a more cartoony look (the ice snake really appealed to them); so I am trying to find a happy middle ground. :)

@RJBonner

Thanks for the compliment, they are actually low poly models rendered in the Unity 3D engine with only a 3 point lighting system, diffuse map, and normal map. So the fact that these were confused for multi-million polygon sculpts from Zbrush is a large compliment indeed. :)
  • OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OtrickP polycounter lvl 9
    Nice!

Frozen kobra works for me, great shapes working with textures. I think if you take a bit more time working up the textures and improving some proportions of the models you'll have some even greater creatures in no time!