Home Technical Talk

Mudbox - Windows 8 - Not working

Selrahc
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Selrahc polycounter lvl 8
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had got Mudbox 2013 or 2012 to work on the Windows 8 RC, because personally it just crashes on launch. I've try'd every means known to me (compatibility, administrator, repair, re-install) so if anyone knows a fix around this issue, it would be much appreciated.

I'm running a xfire AMD Radeon 4800 series which is no longer supported by AMD (in which I mean it's now considered legacy) which means the drivers for windows 8 and the 4800 are WDDM 1.1 instead of WDDM 1.2.

I thought this might be the issue and am hoping it is not.

Replies

• BARDLER
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I am avoiding Windows 8 like the plague. I would recommend doing the same and going back to an OS that doesn't run like a phone with apps.
  • Selrahc
    Offline / Send Message
    Selrahc polycounter lvl 8
    yeah that's fair enough, admittedly it's actually quite good once you get use to the phoneish things, because it doesn't particularly get in your way and if anything it makes it easier to look through programs in your c: drive.

Any rate I'm really just trying to figure out if anyone has actually got Mudbox to work on windows 8 regardless of graphics cards.

Thanks for the reply BARDLER.