Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

London Underground Scene - WIP

Hi everyone,

I've been developing this scene for a 2 to 3 weeks or so now, the main features are predominantly based on Cannon Street underground tube station, although I've added a few of my own features.

I've modelled it, baked the base normals and Ambient Occlusion, and exported it all into UDK where it's starting to take shape. I'm at the stage now where I'm building a colour palette and lighting mood board, but a time period or emphasis have yet to be defined (basically the art style). I was thinking of hand painting the scene with a contemporary approach, a few people have suggested I play around with a futuristic feel but I'm still not convinced.

There's a lot of things I still need to tidy up but like how some of the AO has come off and bits of geometry don't quite line up but for the most part I can deal with that later once I've defined my direction with this.

Any criticisms or remarks are more than welcome and thank you for stopping by. :)

7979731119_98c814a0c4_b.jpg

7979734990_390ba699f2_b.jpg

7979734428_23a0feb36e_b.jpg

7979735516_1ecc1ccfc0_b.jpg

7979733223_cded19c718_b.jpg

Replies

• leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great so far. What's going on with the air vent though? Is that a baking issue or a lack of lightmaps? I see the 'banding' in the other shots too, so I guess it's a lightmap issue.

As for the lighting, the top right is really nice to me. I like those subway environments that are natural, but include some extremities with lighting. I'd consider doing the reflections too. Looking forward to see where you take it!