Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Beretta UGB25 Xcel

Lew
Weird ass shotgun is weird.

I'm not sure how the action works, but its a break open barrel that then sucks another shell in through the side after the first is ejected out the bottom. So your second shell is stored outside the gun, I thought it was kinda cool and that's why I chose it.

I'm been working on it, on and off for maybe a week and a half now and I decided I'd start a thread before I ruin it by attempting to zbrush the grips.

It's not a perfect replica, my trigger guard is a way off and some of the screw holes shouldn't be on both sides but I'm happy enough.

Other than a spot of zbrush I want to add some kind of make shift shell holster for the stock and maybe tie wrap a torch to the front. I kinda want to go down the post apocalyptic route, my logic being here in England a trap shotgun would probably be the most common weapon to find (shotgun licenses are only £50).

Crit and cool ideas always welcome :)

ugb25high.png

Replies

• m1neh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the stock a lot. The ammo thing is cool, but seems a bit messy at the moment. Post-apocalyptic = muchos gaffer tape.

Good luck!
  • Lew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lew
    m1neh wrote: »
    The ammo thing is cool, but seems a bit messy at the moment. !

Can you elaborate so I can fix it haha? Do you mean the shells or do you mean the reciever?

And Yes all the gaffer!

Quick and dirty screen grab of what whats been giving me a headache today... straps... dirtystockgrab.png
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How are you planning to apocalypse it up? are you going to go with loads of tape around everything?
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    No zbrush love for the straps?
  • Lew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lew
    I'm thinking some tape holding the forgrip on and I wanted to add some more personality to it, and it's just a though, but maybe tape an old manky teddy bear to the barrel... I'm thinking of other things to do instead tho because I'm not sure it would work...

The whole post apocalyptic idea was a bit of an afterthought, I probably shouldn't be rolling with it haha.

And yes Dan there will be zbrush love, lots of zbrush love! I'm just leaving it till everything is measured up in maya....
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    If you want to "Apocalypse it up". Make sure that the stuff you add has actual utility. Just 'adding tape' or tying a teddy bear to it doesn't necessarily scream end times to me.

Maybe instead of the clip on the shell strap, make it an actual pants belt. Or maybe but some nails in the stock so it can be used as a deadly melee weapon..

Just a couple ideas...
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish wrote: »
    Maybe instead of the clip on the shell strap, make it an actual pants belt.
    I like that idea, do that lew. :)
  • Lew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lew
    See I thought about that, but didn't like the idea :P haha

And yeah nails in the stock would probably make it look alot more lethal, but the idea I have in my head is that its more of a teenage girls shotgun, not some war hardened brute.
    she's not particularly strong, so she couldn't really use it for melee, thus the teddy bear idea, its like her best friend, she feel safe with it close, so she stuck it to a shotgun she found. I'm more after personality now than lethality...

I also thought about one of those little battery portable fans on the side instead, I hear there's this global warming thing?
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    Hehe, that's a funny idea. Just make sure that people are pretty clear on what you are going for. Having a bunch of random things strapped to it might just look like a mess to people if they don't realize who it belongs to...
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    If you go with the bear you should have a hello kitty skin :P I know you love it Lew :P
  • Lew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lew
    Dan - there will be hello kitty, there is always hello kitty.... thinking of just putting a plush charm on rather than a full blown teddy bear...

Been messing around in zbrush today, was a good test of methods for getting grip detail on, The stock I masked off using an alpha the shape I wanted, and then used a tileable alpha + drag rectangle brush the stamp the pattern on.
    The fore end I did differently because I didn't want any seems in the pattern and I would have had to work in a non plannar way. I uv'd it and made a displacement map then used zbrush to apply the disp to the mesh, which gave me alot more control and thus I think I got better results than the stock.

I might redo the stock, but it can wait till i'm bake testing as it might be negligable...

That said I have no idea if i'm doing it right....

Progressively dirty screen grab; Honestly feel like about to overheat and crash....
    untitled.png