Home General Discussion

Tutorial For You

Hi.

I have some time to spare, I've been in industry for some time and I always wanted to share some ideas and for that reason I want to make some video tutorials. I'm looking for society needs so if you have some ideas what kind of tutorial on 3D field you would like to see, let me know. Most needed most wanted , hm ? Personaly I've been thinking about make just stuff I'am good about, making some creatures or cartoon characters, weapons, vehicles, or other enviro/character stuff. So I don't want to make stuff that is useless so I would like to ask for your opinion :)

Cheers !

edit: and btw. I'm not from any of websites like digitaltutors or something, doing research :P ( no bad words about DT, they are great ) and sry for poor english.

Replies

• respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    Do you have a portfolio, good sir ?
  • fantom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure I have but I don't want to suggest anything, if you see for example that I have cool characters rather than environment so you say you want tutorial about characters. This might be a little bit unfair I think. So I will show surely a final tuts if they will be ready but for now I'm just asking for opinions, what kind of tuts you would like to see? Know It might sounds stupid :P
  • GeeDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeeDave polycounter lvl 11
    I'd say to play to your strengths. Unless you've got an abundance of tips and tricks on every subject matter, it makes sense for you to work on a tutorial that you know the most about, that way you're teaching to the best of your ability, rather than someone suggesting something that, while you can do... might result in you possibly teaching bad habits if it's something you're not entirely familiar with.

I can only speak vaguely of course, I know nothing about your proficiency with whatever softwares you use, or (as previously discussed) your artistic ability.
  • a3sthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a3sthesia polycounter lvl 10
    there are a lot of environment art fans on here, so you can't go wrong with some environment tutorials, prop tutorials, and/or engine tutorials (UDK,Cryengine,etc).

Either way, whatever you make, will be appreciated by the community ^_^
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    Indeed there are many enviroments fans here, and i might add that modularity is kind of a hot topic so if you happen to know some tricks on that go for it.Oh, you could have made a poll :).
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    this forum is overflowing with fans of character design, so how about a tutorial on painting character skin and making the best eyes possible?
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the internet is sorely lacking good, thorough FX tuts. Or at least I'm doing something wrong.
  • MortalMechanica
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MortalMechanica polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah I'm with Pancakes on this one, a tutorial on painting character skin and eyes would be nice. A lot of what I've seen and personally done has been stock images... oh the shame.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    would love to see your folio.
  • flowlife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flowlife null
    I would love to see a tutorial: how to model The Dragunov sniper rifle from scratch to high poly and if possible to low poly.
    I'll pay for it. 100$-150$
  • the_Adri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love to see some environment and user interface tutorials. I haven't seen many.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    From my Digital Tutor experience for 3 years I've learned that most of the artists dont bother re-topoing the low poly character model but edit the low poly mesh they get from the adaptive skin constructed by the help of zspheres in zbrush. I would love to see a tutorial that explains the flow of transferring high polygon model to low polygon game model (of current gen.) Re-topoing the low polygon model, optimizing the low polygon model, Unwrapping UV layouts, Baking and implementing texture, editing texture to make the low polygon character bring out the looks of the character, posing and presentation techniques of the characters for your folio.

Also it would be awesome to see some hair sculpting tutorials, retopoing hair to low poly (blocking the hair mesh out using the retopology tool,) projecting the high res (sculpted hair,) to that blocked out hair mesh and finally detailing it out for the low res game model. I've read about it in Vertex book and have been trying to follow that example, but it would be nice if you are able to make a video tutorial about it.

Thanks. :)