Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Finskies WIP/Learning thread.

Finskie
null
Offline / Send Message
Finskie null
Hi PC!

This will be my #2 post and first ever thread here on PC. I've been lurking here for ages but finally got convinced by some cuties in the PCU-group to actually start a thread and project.

A little background, im 21 years old and studied digital production in one of Swedens gymnasiums. For a long time i didnt realize how little they tought us and lived blissfully in the smokescreen. It was in my third year at that school i found out how things REALLY worked...

The past couple of years i've been lurking 100% and making nothing of substance nor progressed at all and it's about time i started to actually create stuff.

GOALS

1. TO LEARN!
2. To finish something.

That is basicly it.

The whole process will be difficult, there's alot of things i dont know, techniques that i will have to learn. Luckily im surrounded by amazing people on the internet so im sure it will work out quite nicely!

THE REF

1Ko10.jpg

A nice and simple ref, that i grabbed off Conceptroot.com (All credit to artist! I only mean to use it for learning purposes!), with lots of possibilities to learn, the lightning will be fun and figuring out all the steps from ref to final product. My #1 goal here is to actually finish something, even if it turns out like poop. It's a learning experience and i hope i can manage it all.

I hardly know anything about optimization and all the delicate little steps that make good stuff into great stuff, but i hope to pick it up as i go.

PREP

RUF6A.jpg

I identified and sorted up the stuff that i think fit in the same category. Deciding what to tile (how to tile stuff is one of those delicate steps i mentioned earlier!), what fits together and what needs to be done individually.

It's fairly straightforward.

mSQbE.jpg

Something that struck me abit into the blockout (im writing this as i finished my initial blockout.) is the perspective of the picture is wierd.

q1nC1.jpg

The wall to the right is what i think messes it up, it makes the corridor look like its abit angled to the right. I made some correctional lines but im not sure they are correct either.

Other perspective stuff that is bothering me are the correlation between:

1. The fire exstinguisher.
  2. The lockers.
  3. The door.

Something just feels off and im gonna adapt as i go through with refining the blockout.

THE BLOCKOUT

QsgEG.jpg

Here's where im at right now. (Blockout 1.0).

Some things that im aware of that will be fixed in blockout 2.0:
  1. General size of pipes.
  2. Roof.
  3. Correcting scale and proportion

Any feedback or critique is greatly appriciated!

Finskie out! (For now..)

Replies