Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A little something in UDK

Vizjerie
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Vizjerie polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone! Few months ago i graduated from game design school and with that graduation came a vertical slice 30 minute demo game of mine to use as my portfolio piece. Ive never had any sort of official 3D training, hell ive never touched any sort of digital art programs or even photo shop until about a year ago. And i definitely didnt know anything about 3D artist communities such as this. (this is a great place btw)

Before that i was an art director on local film sets, mini series and so on. The game design program was, as the title indicated, teaching game design in every aspect. But i pretty much immediately gravitated towards the art department and i try to learn by myself as much as i can before the final project started.

So now the project is done, ive thrown it online and its gotten so great reviews as a game. A few website reviews, a few dozen Lets Play videos were made by fans, but all of which were more or less applauding the game design and mechanic element, as well as the atmosphere in the writing, performance and design.

But what I really care about is what other artists think of the art, lighting, environment and character design of the game. As i am now 100% sure that this is the path i want to follow for the rest of my life.

SO! I was hoping you guys would be so kind as to give the game a try, or even just watch the gameplay trailer and tell me what you think?
Please do give me tons of feed back, i am sure there will be plenty :) and i am excited to hear them.

Game is about 30-60 minutes long. Made in UDK with 4 guys, 1 artist (me), 1 programmer, 1 level designer and 1 sound guy over the span of 2 months.
There are 477 unique assets, 660 textures and 5 characters with 25 sets of animation. (you can easily tell which character model was the first one ive ever made lol)

Anyways, yeah! please do check it out and give me some feed back! i would really really appreciate it.

Here are the links!
Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92984073
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeNotAnnie?ref=hl
Youtube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gWD58JJgkI"]Forget Me Not Annie Gameplay Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

the first 2 links have a download game link. :)

Thanks alot! appreciate any feedback!

oooh heres some screenshots!

2097aebf.jpg

23b5bef1.jpg

e9def67e.jpg

0e91a8c8.jpg

6dbd3761.jpg

Replies

• PolyBombs_Eric
    I played this game and I really liked the mechanics, I noticed some issues with lightmaps in the scene, and I also sometimes thought the art was a little un-cohesive, but it was a nice play. I heard this was a student project or something? Good stuff though, I hope you guys continue on to make the game longer if possible! The feeling I got from the atmosphere was pretty awesome and I believe I jumped when I was supposed to! Keep up the work and let us all know of any updates in the future!
  • Vizjerie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you! Yeah it was a student project, I was the art guy and this was my first time ever to make anything 3D digitally. Definitely learned a hell of a lot and we are definitely going back to remake this as a full scale game.

Haha, if you turn the lighting off and look at all the assets, you can clearly see which area was at the beginning and which was made near the end of the production. And the gradual figuring out methods and correct ways to model.

In any case, im glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the feedback.
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    This looks amazing! And for a student project too, wow! Thoroughly impressed mate
  • Vizjerie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message