Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mech Pocahontas (SHOWDOWN) W.I.P.

Hey all, I recently just entred the SHOWDOWN character creation contest over at Artbypapercut and thought id post my WIP here as well to try and get more feed back on my work. If your not famillliar with the contest i suggest checking it out, Theres some big names in it, Including Hazardous and I believe some of his students are entering as well.

Anyways ill be posting my wip shots, Hopefully updated most days as im really enjoying working on this character.

Heres some concepts that i did before deciding on the final last design.

Two quick draw overs of costume ideas for Poch, 1st is a more traditional looking attire while the 2nd is a modern military attire.

A7e2y.jpg

Y9B3q.jpg

Been toying with the idea of making Pocahontas within a a sci fi, light mech kind of body suit to give her a twist, I figured more people would remember a sci fi Mech suit Poch (and be more interested in it) then just a native american girly. Doing this also gives me a chance to practice my hard surface sculpting

So heres a quick 20 minute design idea of mixing traditional native american head wear with a sci fi feeling,
Also a concept of a compact kind of bow made to resemble an Eagle.

Hopefully will be able to put up progress pictures of just her base body in zbrush later tonight.

zBEN5.jpg

Finished up a draw over of Mech Pocahontas, I feel like this is the direction i want to take her in, A more of a Hunter tribal Mech character. Patterns on her armor will hopefully resemble native american patterns, Also tried incorporating symbols or recognizable features when someone things Native Americans.

Update of base body sculpt to come soon

2akDI.jpg

Some other armor stuff so I can remember when modelling.

xdWeZ.jpg

Update the armor to a more lighter version of her old suit, Mainly because the old leggings looked sluggish and would greatly reduce her mobility. I see her as more of a weaker but alot faster fighter. Also decided to do a 1 minute paint over, Just to kinda of give the general color feel of what i want the attire to be. Im unsure whether or not the buffalo skull will be an actual skull or a metal one, Also thinking about removing the shoulder skull and placing it on the belt.
Need to try find a nice color to compliment the red armor.

Also working on fixing up my girly s face in zbrush as her jaw was to manly, Pictures to come soon

IqTV8.jpg

W.I.P. shot of my female body sculpt, Would really love some feedback on this one (and anything else on here).
Tips on how to improve specific body parts or even something like draw overs would be rad.
Im trying to keep the character slightly exaggerated, much like Chun Li, Sakura or Cammy are from SF4, However i thought it may of been easier to make the body realistic proportions, then push the form so it can still look believable.

Atm this sculpt is still in dynamesh sitting round 143,000 polys, Hopefully will be moving into using proper subdivision levels soon to crank out some detail before retoppoing and reprojecting.

QVyOf.jpg

Did a quick drawover my current female base to show myself what proportions I need to change and fix up.[/size]

[/size]These proportions are slightly exaggerated, more of a female heroine. Adjustments will hopefully be made before I go out tonight.
Also been using alot of articles by Hazardous and his students's articles on the female figure, Along with some reference images. So big thanks to them awesome guys and gal(s?) for putting up there articles, there great reads, and are really helping me.

AgCEV.jpg?1