Forgot to add, here's some more:

watch1.jpg

revolver4-2.jpg

render4-1.jpg
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    Really like the pieces individually, but the lighting in your composite scene is too dark to really make out any detail, and a lot of that hard-work that obviously went into the pieces is lost.
  • GrowlerProductions
    Thanks for the crit. I agree, the composition isn't great and I've always had trouble with lighting. I'll see what I can do to make it better.
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    I agree that the lighting is a bit lacking. You need some ambient light in there. Also the lighting is pretty flat and there doesn't seem to be any natural lighting at all (in this case the moon!) There's barely any shadow showing up in the composite, making the character and motorcycle look sort of pasted in. Maybe having some of the lights on in the windows of the buildings to the side will help liven things up.

I like how your assets look individually though. Something seems off about the gun spec and the clock face. Are you using an engine for those shots or software rendering?
  • GrowlerProductions
    Good suggestions, sybrix.

Regarding my rendering, sorry I don't know the difference between "engine" and "software rendering." I just rendered these shots using Vray; if that helps answer your question.
  • Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    I love that bike, mind showing some wires?

And to answer your question Engine renders are in stuff like UDK or Cryengine. Software rendering is what you have done, rendering in your software package such as 3DS Max or Maya
  • GrowlerProductions
    Thanks Rmunday, here are the wireframes of the bike. I apologise for not doing a proper render and just providing a screen grab but it should be clear enough.

Info: 190k polys. Obviously, it hasn't been optimised, with the final render having turbosmooth on. If I were to add it to an engine I'd have to do some serious work reducing the poly-count and baking some nice normal maps; which is in consideration.

1-43.jpg
  • NickVW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love what you did to the bike and how you gave it the dirty look,
    made that bike also but then very cleanly