Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sheer's Portolio

Hello there! I'm just starting college off, and I'm looking for some helpful ways to improve my chances of earning an internship in a Game Artist area.

Here's a link to my portfolio so far.
www.sahirirfan.carbonmade.com

Also, I'm looking for advice on creating a resume to help me achieve a position. Here's a link to my resume so far.

http://goo.gl/eyXkD

Any advice and suggestions is most welcomed.

Thanks!

Replies

• nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    Your renders are too dark in my opinion. It might just be a case of lightening the background in Marmoset, but the dark grey isn't the best material to present a rock on (for instance), and there isn't enough light.

I think a small description about each piece of work would benefit, just describing how you made it and what software you used etc. This is especially apparent in your Work In Progress section, as I have no idea what the things you're presenting in progress are, or what they're going to be used for.

Also, your Art section seems out of place.. It looks to me like fairly average Photoshop work and I'm not sure what it's meant to be adding to your employability.
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Try and stick a few of your best pieces on the home page, this will give a bigger impact by straight away showing your best work. Also when recruiters from companies are reviewing your websites, they want as little clicking as pos, especially when they're having to look through 100+ portfolios. And I agree about renders being too dark, this might look fine to you depending on how your monitor is calibrated, so consider recalibrating it to a more universal setting.
  • Sheers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, thanks guys! Furthermore, I was looking for some tips on my resume, and I was hoping someone could drop a few words of advice on what can make it successful.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Edit* take a look how other artists set up there resume (preferably people who have jobs in the industry.)