Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Student online game Playtesters wanted

Hello!

I have had to make a game for a class at uni, I've had only 2 weeks to work on it and would like some feed back.

I'm still working on it I have yet to make sound for it, I know about the z fighting and am also working on that.

What I really want to know is if the narrative is good and you can complete the challenge. (or how many goes it takes you)

I've made all the assets myself so all the content is original.

(I know it's pretty Basic but you know... time limits and everything)

Here is the link

http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3332229/allywayplaytest

Replies

• Gruckel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gruckel polycounter lvl 8
    It worked well, might want to add in some ambient sound, give it a more creepy feel.
    (Add some text saying that you can right-click for fullscreen)

Personally I walked through it in one go, but it felt accidental when I found the suitcase and the correct door.

Other than it feeling a bit repetitive (decals and some graffiti would be nice and should be fast assets to make), the high buildings and large statues made you feel small (really made the environment feel scary, the fog particles worked their magic as well).

The worst thing, gameplay-vise for me were the strong lights on some doors, they draw the eye enough to feel like important parts of the level, maybe dim the intensity and saturation levels a bit.

In the cross-section where you make the, unbeknownst to the player, choice as to whether you will find the bag or the "wife door" first, you might want to hint with some blood-smear on the ground, which way the wife was taken.

At the same time, add something which might make the player more or less subconsciously choose to go, where he thinks the bag might be.

Perhaps signs in all the intersections? With the one leading to the bag standing out a little saying that it leads to lock-boxes or a storage area.

That way, you can fool the player into going to the wife door (where I suspect you might lose the game if you didn't bring the bag?) while still blaming him/herself for not going to the storage area first!

Great Job overall!
  • Calandra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Excellent feedback. Thanks a lot!

I'll definitely implement some of your advice. (dimming the lights, graffiti)

I'm going to add in some ambient sounds like bats, but the majority of the sound will be a heart beat, foot steps. Or perhaps whispering around some of the areas.

If you don't complete the game your wife appears dead in the large court yard. You as the player don't die. Because it's not your life isn't at state.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    I took the suitcase to the door but nothing happened?
  • Calandra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That means you either ran out of time or went to the wrong door.
    You can still pick the suitcase up after the time limit but they won't accept it.