Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monkey - Art Test - Bekho Team

This is an art test that I did for Bekho Team

It's a monkey that has to be less than 3000 tris in a 512 texture

This was my first time making a video game character so I'm not sure about some parts of mesh, had to make some research here in polycount to find the best way to make the right mesh
5191974_orig.jpg

Replies

• Facepalm Ranger
    This is a really cool little model, I would say make his hands a little rounder as they're very flat.

texture wise add something around the eyes and where the divide is between the hair and skin is just to give better definition to them and the spaces between them.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    There's a few places where you could optimise him to get yourself some more geometry to play with.

There's loads of geometry on the eyes that's not doing anything for you. That'd be a good place to start cutting back

The seperate toes aren't doing anything for your model and are sponging up quite a bit of geo. I'd make them into one solid block.

I think you could get away with making the tail 4 sided given how angular he is elsewhere.

Now you've got yourself a few hundred more polys to play with, along with making him a bit more rounded, you should add more geometry to his knees and elbows as they're not going to deform very nicely at this point.
  • ddixon85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!!

They told me about that I should use the max amount of polys possible for this character, I was going to make the eyes able to open and close, but it got me. that's why also I didn't do a big block for the feet and was too late when I realized that I should made all the fingers more rounder.0

But thanks about putting more geo in the knees and elbows, I wasn't total sure about that