Home Technical Talk

Another file zbrush problem :(

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
hi I have another problem ...

I saved a huge file with a whole model complete with all subdivision levels for all pieces, polypainting , and undo history ... tough the following problems :

1 if I try to decimate an item it freezes Zbrush

2 if I try to save the file Crashes

3 if I try to save the tool crashes

4 if I try to delete all objects apart one or two so to create a splitted selection in several files , allows me to delete the several pieces and save but right after saving the Zbrush crashes and no file is left saved

5 same thing if I do the point 4 but saving the tool

now the file sizes are of 10 KK of kb , I tried also to delete all the undo history from each of the remained ( undeleted) pieces and still crashes

even making the whole scene totally clean and no undo history , only one piece , I can't save as it crashes , I cant decimate as crashes etc ...

what I am supposed to do to recover the work that I have saved in the file?

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Just a shot in the dark but try the Go-Z option, hopefully it allows you to bring it into another application, then you can at least save the work and a stable format.

Then make a new document add in each piece or I would save a new ZTL of each piece for safety reasons then save one with them all together. I'd probably just work on one piece at a time better to loose 1 piece then the whole scene.

Hope that helps, if not have you updated to latest update? Their was 2.

Edit:
    Try to also use decimates export all tools option if you haven't.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Try disabling the option to load history when opening projects. Only save history when it is something you need.

Try selecting a subtool and click the make poly mesh 3d button to make a clean clone with no history. Try exporting that as both a tool and obj.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks a lot guys but I am starting to think that I need a new Computer , its becoming all so slow to work with and since my recent discovery of Zbrush I am pushing this proram more and more foward to perhaps extreme subdivisions that my pc simply can't handle ...
    Is there a section here where I could post or ask for a Computer configuration setting sugestions?
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    If you have low HD space, that too can screw your stuff up. If ou have no scratch disk space available while working in ZBrush, it'll most likely crash every time you try to do something lol.

*Waits for ZBrush 64 bit...*
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    is not available yet a 64 bit versions? IF I increase my ram in pc woudl Zbrush be able to use them?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Nope. V5 will be, but for now you're stuck with 32bit (some plugins like decimation master might offer some 64bit support, but nothing major). So if you already have a good handful of ram, adding more wont help any.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    when will be released the V5? and I will still be able to upgrade freely ?