Home General Discussion

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Replies

• Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @Matt, I've had no trouble joining servers through the server browser. It's been more reliable than the automatic games that sometimes joins games that are full.
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S_ource polycounter lvl 9
    Anyone know if they will release a dedicated server for csgo?

Edit: Also must say i really like the game don't feel like source but its really fun, don't like the shotguns tho, and miss my silencers. But i really like the new mod demolition or what its called play it almost all the time when i play. :D
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    for some random reason im getting like 15-20 fps with my gtx 470....? 4gb of ram and a q6600 quad core....wtf.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    ^ restart computer , it did happen to me sometimes when i click the window on my second screen.
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dedicated Server

They've switched over to a new system for hosting dedicated servers. I haven't messed with it much yet, but it seems to be a welcome improvement over previous gen source games.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I love the assault map but can't stand people glitching it (CT's hiding under the floor and sniping people anywhere in the map) XO

Apart from that its awesome :D
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    I'm liking it a lot. Played quite a bit of gun game then a few mixes. Definitely need some practice though i haven't played an fps on pc in 2-3 years
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas polycounter lvl 10
    Anyone up for some games?is there a Polycount server for the game or something? steam-mrpangahas
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Not sure if a huge bump is necessary but anybody that plays this game should consider avoiding it for a few days. VAC seems to have just been updated and for whatever reason, legit users are getting banned for no reason at all. There's a megathread about it on the forums and another one on reddit, but I figured I'd mention it here too in-case there are any other polycounters that play CSGO.

Oh, and the AUG is OP as fuck now also.
  • ahtiandr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahtiandr polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the info ! I was about to play it today but now I ll maybe pass for few days or so.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahtiandr wrote: »
    Thanks for the info ! I was about to play it today but now I ll maybe pass for few days or so.
    Don't worry about getting banned. From the forums:
    Today around noon Pacific Time an error on our servers caused several accounts to be erroneously suspended for a cheating infraction by our automated systems. The error has been detected, corrected, and all erroneously suspended accounts have been restored and are now in good standing.

It is recommended to restart CS:GO and Steam Client for all backend changes to correctly synchronize to your client; community game server instances might also have to restart to correctly synchronize backend changes to their cache.

We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused.

It's safe to play again, but the AUG is still OP haha. Good luck trying to take more than 3 or 4 rounds on T side.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    haven't played CS in a while, bf4 took over way back.. haven't played that in a while either....hm

I've always preffered the AUG over most other rifles, even the m4.. mainly because of the zoom :)
    good to hear it's op now, maybe it's time to install CS again!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel as if Valve is just trolling now. They broke the balance that has existed for over a decade with the AUG/SG buff (m4/ak are now useless, aug is even better than awp now). And now they're charging money for stickers.

If this was done by EA, it'd be all over the news lol.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    NegevPro wrote: »
    I feel as if Valve is just trolling now. They broke the balance that has existed for over a decade with the AUG/SG buff (m4/ak are now useless, aug is even better than awp now). And now they're charging money for stickers.

If this was done by EA, it'd be all over the news lol.

No, it wouldn't. The stickers are entirely cosmetic and have no effect on gameplay other than maybe the ability to quickly identify what gun someone is carrying at a glance. It's not like they're asking you to pay to use the AUG.