Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Asylum Game WIP

Hello All,

Some friends and I are putting together, in our free time, a level- or short independent horror game of sorts. Here are some assets ive been working on, tell me what you think. Critics are appreciated. I will continue to add more as I go through my asset list.

My concerns are mostly aesthetic; most of the assets are under 2K tris. But I can upload wire-frames if absolutely necessary-still busy.

Thanks,

Sergei

a30e233a.png

3cd28aaa.png

8307d467.png

5206aeb5.png

2b882f98.png

bd5c2b0a.png

96bbef52.png

76e3aabb.png

8ddb9906.png

cb6cc88a.png

23494693.png

This one has 3.8K polies. The only legit way I can think of reducing the polycount would be to make the spokes with an opacity map. Any suggestions?

9f07b852.png

47eed069.png

Replies

• dblanco1796
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dblanco1796 polycounter lvl 4
    So no one reviewed this jon?
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    Looks pretty good, the bathtub and the bedsheets are particularly nice. I will say though that the bedframe looks as if the side struts below the mattress need moving in more (most beds are welded together in that fashion), and a little more work needs to be done on the cushion of the seat (it doesn't have fabric seams and looks a bit flat as a result). Overall, impressive stuff :)
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The pillow and mattress both seem a bit firm considering the amount of wear. It'll require a few more polys, but most of the effect can be accomplished in the normal map.
    9567de4b-89e0-41cf-bc06-4d309330c22b.jpg
    The wooden material on the stuffed chair is wrong. It looks like a very rough, very large grain, neither of which you would find on a chair of that original quality. If you want to age it, reduce the specularity in spots that would receive wear, and lighten the feet where the stain would have worn away. You can also fade the fabric, and add balding spots on the armrests and seat where the arms & legs are most likely to rest.

The wall with the hole feels more like metal than cement. Also, the bars would probably be iron rather than wood.