Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Question - How would you go about doing patterns with curve brushes?

Twister3
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Twister3 polycounter lvl 12
I'm trying to create a pattern like this artichoke. So it's one leaf that is duplicated but uniformly scaled.

http://www.swisse.com/wp-content/uploads/swisse/attachments/artichokeu.jpg

I tried to use the insert mesh with curve mode on but when i use the size function, the mesh is stretched beyong recognition.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

Replies

• Twister3
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I'll try that!
    I was just wondering if there was some way to do it in Zbrush via the curve brushes since the "leafs" on the artichoke are basically aligned to spiral shapes. So just use radial symmetry with curves but I got stuck there...
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Are you looking more for the overlapping scale like look to the leaves or are you wrapping it around a sphere like object like that pic ?
  • Twister3
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    Are you looking more for the overlapping scale like look to the leaves or are you wrapping it around a sphere like object like that pic ?

I'm looking for the wrapping but also with regards to scaling. (Does that make sense?) Afaik I can create the overlapping with fewer curve steps and the brush orientation/depth.

I'm looking for a quick technique to create spirallike shapes with insert brushes with curve mode on to create shapes like this:

romanesco1024.jpg

Tell me if I'm wrong but to me it looks like the shape consists of little humps that are duplicated along a spiral shape and the resulting form is duplicated again.

My problem is that the size function in the curve mode doesn't scale uniformly (at least for me):

uZxwk.jpg