Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for a Source modeler/animator for a System Shock 2 remake

markishome359
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
markishome359 polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone!

I've been working on a recreation of the first level of System Shock 2 in the Source engine (featured on RPS and Kotaku), and based on the support and excitement from the Internet community, I wanted to give a proper go at doing a mod in Source rather than just a level remake.

I want to keep it small in scope, at least in the beginning so that something actually gets shipped: Get the original UI in, a custom main menu, functioning zombies, make some custom weapons (the ones you'd get in the first level: wrench, pistol, shotgun, laser pistol), and finish the level. If we get all that done, ship it, and then want to keep going, then that's great.

I'm looking for a Source modeler or animator who's capable of getting textured objects into Source and rigging and animating them as needed. This would include the original props, weapons, and zombies. (If we pursue subsequent releases, that would mean more weapons, getting the turrets and cameras in, player models and animations for co-op, and other things like that.)

To make this clear, the goal of this project is to preserve the original System Shock 2 experience as much as possible. I'm not looking to make new textures, high-poly objects, or reenvisioned maps. We'll be using the original textures, sounds, models, and faithfully recreated level geometry. The only improvements will be those inherent in the engine: lighting, rendering, compatibility on all operating systems, and ease of access.

If you're interested, send me an email at sshock2res@gmail.com, give me a link to your portfolio and a rundown of your skills and past projects, and we'll talk!