Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback

Hi guys, I'm finishing up my degree soon(4 weeks left) and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my website/demo reel. I know polycount has a lot of industry professionals and it be nice get a better idea of what I need to change to make the most out of my portfolio .
http://km-cube.com/
I enjoy every part of the creative process that it takes to make a game, so I've tried to make the portfolio as broad as possible. Personally I enjoy making levels the most, but I know that's a higher level position and I don't expect to get into it that field right away.

Looking forward to any feedback you guys can give me :).

Replies

• respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    Nice layout and portfolio overall.Some observations:
    -not sure about the text which says viewport/ model, game, level assetc etc.maybe cut it ?
    -sniper body uv shell is not straight.I'm picky here :)
    -shading of the body looks a bit like a grass shading, and the metal has a green faloff for some weird reason.
    -building asset has some flat lighting for a presentation, and some weak shaders i guess.you could push more here.
    -i really love the prison overall so good job on that :thumbup: and also on the rifle :thumbup:
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Quick technical, noticed the desert and prison scene links are switched.

Put your name in the header somewhere to clearify you're a person and not an art house. Like that thing you have in your resume "Kamil Muszynski - 3d Artist". In the page title too, so it bookmarks with organization.

I'd also move the resume download links tot he top of that page.

Overall presentation lacks focus, and I get the generalist approach. However, the way it's laid out is more "here's a bunch of things I'm ok at" instead of "here's what I'm awesome at".

For example, the prison is clearly the best piece, but it's last on the page, and only a brief seconds of it at the end of the reel. No breakdowns of assets, wires, anything. Same with the desert. These two are the most complex and complete pieces, yet the character and weapons get full, fancy breakdowns. It's a huge disservice to yourself.

back to content

The weapons and hands could all be presented together in the portfolio instead of taking up all that space.

I don't really care for the apartment building. Not sure how this piece helps since it's not as good as the prison, and the prison covers that gritty-realism

And speaking of the prison, move it to the top. It's the best piece here, with the desert right below it.

I'd put the bunny guy either last or remove it. It's a ok technical showing having it animated and all, but not really character art portfolio quality.

In a perfect world, Prison at top, followed by desert, and some new awesome environment like them to go with it. Maybe scifi or fantasy for variety. Maybe combining all the people and guns assets into one show piece so they can hold up next to whole environments.
  • PolyTech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree with what Cholden says. its clear that your strongest pieces is you prison environment. i would say focus as much as you can on more environment art and cut out the animation/character stuff.
  • Dr.cube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the awesome suggestions you guys. It helps out a ton! I'm gonna try a figure out a way add more of the Prison level into my Demo Reel some how. I'm actually thinking of having the level be playable at the portfolio show, so I'm not sure how much more I want to show of it in the Demo Reel.