Homeโ€บ General Discussion

Mann vs Machine!

Replies

• glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    xlarge.jpg

Thats the only thing i don't like.... i ended up going to the servers and trying to pick one. But that waiting time is pretty ridiculous.

The game is fun tho.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Played a good few hours. Awesome fun!

On my first play through I must have had a really good team coz we blitz the 3 arenas without much trouble. So I thought the game was going to be easy. But next server I got on seemed a LOT harder. Maybe the team was rubbish or maybe the difficult was ramp. I couldn't tell, but we got stuff a few times on wave 5/6 and had to restart the map a couple of goes to try and get easier waves. I gave up in the end.

I had no trouble getting on a server using the manual server list tbh.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, I haven't played it so far, because I find the query to be a joke. Not going to wait to play a game, I will rather play another game instead. :P Fix that and I'll play it.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Here's a tip guys, you can get into Mann Vs Machine games much quicker if you join them from the server list. Search for servers with "mvm" tags and as long as there's less than 6 players, you should be able to play.

That said, I still can't play it; whenever a wave starts my FPS drops down to 1-2. :(
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yay! I got into a server...and instantly crashed after choosing class.....fuuuuuuuuuu....
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    2 hours in and still not got into a server. I wait about 30mins+ get to the loading screen and get "Bad Password" disconnected. So yeah brilliant bit of fuckery. So using teh internetz wizards I'm setting up my own server following this guide ~
    http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/5439

Then onto more specific tut's by going onto google.

Whooo. Someday, i shall play...
  • Suidae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suidae polycounter lvl 11
    I bought one of those mann up tickets and the wait time was about...3 minutes. The furthest I've made it was wave 8, and I don't think I'll try any other maps until I beat it. I imagine this would be more fun and go a little smoother if you had an organized team.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    I managed to get into a couple by searching manually... is the lag due to the servers or is it on my end?
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    13 minute wait to start a game! Why am I so excited?
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get into a game straight away if manually find a server from the server list with less than 6players in it.

@Hitmon - look for a server with lowest pings

only issues ive had is a screen overlay comes up (if the round is lost) and gets stuck (cant click the OK button and my character can stilll run around but i cant see because of this screen overlay) so i have to disconnect and rejoin the server..
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah no need to wait, just use the server browser. Man this game just gets better and better
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
    this game is fucking hard
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
    so, no one else is excited about this?
    In my opinion, this is the most dynamic, fun and challenging co-op experience since L4D.
    Amount of strategies is ridiculous, every new game is different. Add itemization and upgrades on top of that.

Only downside so far (apart from fucked up queue system which they'll fix eventually) is that game depends so much on perfect team setup. If you have at least one clueless dude, or someone slacking, or 3 engineers , etc - you'll never progress through Mann Up mode. Game is already hard as it is, and having flawed team makes it impossible to beat.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it a lot. It's like Tower Defense with TF2.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Yup been playing it with friends and really fun. The matchmaking wait time is insane though we have a friend who runs a server out of his house so it aint that bad. Also it doesnt adapt to the number of players. You almost definitely need at least 1-2 engineers in some of the waves.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea... earlier 2 engineers where doing the trick, with heavies. The spy does pretty good damage as well.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Yea... earlier 2 engineers where doing the trick, with heavies. The spy does pretty good damage as well.

we use the spy to collect all the money haha :D
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats actually a good plan. In the first levels i was playing you could collect the cash since everyone is distracted, but the one i just played has that tunnel they come through no matter what. Its a drop zone that is hard to get the cash since there are so many bots shooting at ya. haha It's a lot of fun tho.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Yeah. Pretty much loving this atm. you do need a good team with a good spread of characters.

Been playing spy. Tactics basically. Buff pistol, become a sniper. Sap sentry bots, back stab medics on giga heavies, max out movement speed and sapper quick. Use feign a lot.

When sentry bot spawns wait to sap it when the most damage can be done to it. Near other players and sentries.

Note for other player. When sentry bot spawns watch for the sapper and focus fire on it asap. Engis.. You can move sentry guns just before the sentry bot expoldes, thus saving your sentry gun. ;P

Snipers and scouts aren't much use in this mode imo.

EDIT: Also vote Polycount gets a TF2 server back up for this :P

EDIT EDIT: oh. There is a PC server!...Cool
  • CordellC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CordellC polycounter lvl 11
    Been enjoying it on a friend's private server. Really great addition.