manilamerc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
Here I have my shirt selected. Everything looks fine

material.jpg

Here I have my head selected but my shirt is still highlighted

material2.jpg

What I believe I did was select my shirt and went to the colour tab and selected Fill Object.

How do I remove the colour on the shirt so that whatever sub tool I select it will highlight without highlighting the shirt also.

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    From my knowledge, you can't. But someone might be able to give you a workaround, mind me asking you, why do you want to remove?
  • Monophobe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monophobe polycounter lvl 11
    Fill the object with white and the 'Flat Color' material, it will then use whatever material you select in the same way a new mesh will.

EDIT: and make sure you have MRGB turned on when you do.

EDIT2: I said white, but whatever colour your other tools are using. click and drag the colour swatch over a subtool to pick the current colour. In the example shown it's probably a grey value)
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    or you could turn off colorize for the subtool
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    Hell yah Monophobe, another thing I didn't know, thanks!

edit: Oh, wait, it changed the material, but the highlight selection is still there :(
  • Monophobe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monophobe polycounter lvl 11
    Sorry, you're right. Filling with flat colour just ensures the mesh will use the currently selected material. As Neox said, just turn colourize off for the subtool in the polypaint rollout.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If it helps clarify things:

Filling with flat color will remove the material information from polypaint, but in this case it isn't the material that is the problem. This is 'Inactive Subtool Dimming', which dims unselected subtools (the strength at which it does so can be changed in the preferences). Polypaint however overrides this, so if you have polypaint turned on, you'll be seeing unselected meshes at their full intensity.

You can turn polypaint off by clicking the little paintbrush icon next to the subtool's name, or you can use Tool: Polypaint: Colorize.