Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cassie Hack

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Dmoz polycounter lvl 17
It suddenly dawned on me that I haven't done a finished piece for ages. I really wanted to get better at sculpting females, work is 99.9% male anatomy and heads.

I've never read Hack/Slash but Cassie's attire, or lack of, suits an anatomy study of sorts.

Ignore the singlet, I'm going to change it.

Hope you enjoy, crits welcomed.

Cassie_Head_WIP_Aug5_2012.jpg

Cassie_Body_WIP_Aug7_2012.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Dmoz. Good to see you around here.

I think you need to grab yourself some good female anatomical references. She's quite masculine with broad shoulders, slender hips, large hands, manly thighs. her torso and hips are too thin in profile and lack the s-bend that you'd get to some extent even on a very slight female, or male for that matter.

All that said, I like what you've done with the face. It has a bit more strength and personality about it than a lot of the CG females you see around. Her lips and nose could be pushed forward a little however.

Lot's to do, but you've got a solid base to work from. I'll look forward to seeing some updates.
  • PaulP
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Looks cool so far, and I think Jackablade has covered most of it. As well as looking at female anatomical references, you could also look into material that describes realistic and exaggerated female curves and forms. This could help you better define the differences between male and female forms, and improve your silhouette.
  • Dmoz
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmoz polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks guys. I tweaked the body based on your crits, even if it doesn't look like it's changed much :-)

I think the shoulders are o.k. The pectoral wasn't transitioning to the bicep properly which made them look odd. A more relaxed posed will help too.
    Made the hips wider and rounder.
    Hands were indeed very big.
    Widened the profile.

Update with new clothes and boots.
    Cassie_Body_WIP_Aug18_2012.jpg
  • Dmoz
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmoz polycounter lvl 17
    Baked normal maps.
    Maya viewport.
    5854 tris.

Cassie_Body_WIP_Aug26_2012.jpg