Home Unreal Engine

Offsetting texture position within a material?

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the position of a texture within a material in UDK?

I have a texture that is tiled (using a TextureCoordinate) and I'd like to nudge it over a few pixels/units.

Is there something similar to the Panner in which instead of Speed X and Speed Y there's Position X and Position Y?

Replies

• haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Windows.jpg

i made this for someone a while back. Just grab the stuff going into the UV and make two constants to control the x and y. Basically Im adding to the U and V which offsets the tex cord.
  • Burrill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks for the pic haiddasalami!

Actually I think I figured it out a different way. I just had to put a constant in the time node. Speed X and Speed Y pretty much change into Position X and Position Y.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Using a float or vector2 param will be much more useful, though. Unless this is going to be a one-off material, it pays to use params and create material instances to apply to your meshes. For one, it's a lot quicker to tweak, and for another, you can apply the same material instance to multiple meshes, and tweak per instance, instead of being stuck doing global changes.