Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jake Virginia's Enviroment Art Portfolio

Hey guys,
I have been doing some work on my portfolio recently because I am looking for work and I will be graduating soon. I was hoping to get some critiques and reviews. Any suggestions help!

www.themeshmachine.com

Thanks!

Replies

• MichaelElphick
    I really like your environments, I would probably add a couple more images of them, just to see it from other angles, I think this would show that it looks good from lots of angles and not just from the beauty shot.

Michael
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    Nice portfolio!
    Not sure if my eyes play trick on me but something about The Nautilus props looks off. Could it be that the normals are inverted?
  • Saig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Excellent work! I'm impressed! My only suggestion would be to use a greater variety of hues in your diffuse textures. I mean, use more than just values of green for plants, get some blue and green on that plain brown barrel, put some color into those fabric stains in Chinatown, etc.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Really nice stuff ! I don't think you'll have any problems finding work! Keep rocking!
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Really nice stuff, hope you and that other guy is still doing that environment :)

In the Chinatown environment there is a few things looking weird, like the garbage bags you can easily see the edges and they look a bit flat.
    And the front part of the bus along with the window looks out of places considering how bright it is.
  • jk_virginia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michael:I'll give it a try
    Steppenwolf: I will take a look at the marmoset file to make sure
    Saig: thanks for the tip
    Chrisradsby:thanks!
    Stromberg: Yeah me and him are still working on it but I had to take a break because I currently have an art test im working on some more updates should be up in a week or two. as far as chinatown goes I just need to take those garbage bags out that is the one part everyone dislikes haha.